The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Let the Good Times Roll

My dad turned 55 last week, and in typical Wilson fashion we celebrated for a week.

But nothing was as big as the surprise murder mystery dinner party that my mom had planned.

The initial plan to throw him off the surprise was to have his birthday dinner at our new home.

So we did.

Our first guests in our new home.

And I didn't even have to do the dishes. Thanks mom!

While enjoying our yummy cake, after pretend blowing out fake fire on the candles, we strategically planned to orchestrate the parents to take our girls to a movie on Saturday.




The carefully thought out script to get my dad out of the house Saturday afternoon, felt so obvious. And while my dad may have wondered why on earth my mom committed to taking three young girls three and under to the movies, he didn't ask any questions. Thankfully.

So, Saturday afternoon while Poppy and GG were watching a flick, my sisters, husband and I were decorating and preparing food for our Mardi Gras Murder Mystery.

The title of the show was "As the Bead Turns" and was written in three rounds. Each guest was given a character and a set of information about their character. They were directed certain things to say or do at certain times and to certain other characters.






The evening was broken into three rounds.

Round 1: Appetizers and general introductions.
Round 2: Dinner and a Murder
Round 3: Dessert and the Accusations/Big Reveal



Between each round there were a couple of games the guests played, including at the end a dance competition where each team was given a different type of dance (80's, waltz, robot etc.) and were asked to come up with a choreographed routine to a popular zydeco song.

It was a hoot!

All of the guests really played their parts well and were in great characters! With only a hitch or two, the killer was revealed and the party came to an end.



We had a great time, and it was a lot of fun to dress up.

There were so many different murder mystery scripts to choose from, I'm sure I'll have to host my own someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment