The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Date at Home




The husband was able to come home for the weekend!

After two weeks apart the girls were excited to see him, and so was I. It true what they say that, "absence makes the heart grow fonder." I definitely appreciate my man more when I don't get to be with him every day. 

He drove in  late on Friday night, and I was just barely able to stay awake to greet him. Magpie went to bed making me promise that her daddy would check on her, and if course he obliged. 

They were so glad to find him home when they woke the next morning. After an easy morning at home we headed out to run some errands and play at the mall playground. 
I had a special date planned and couldn't wait to put the kids to bed. All the materials needed were: 

1. Inflatable pool
2. Pillows and blankets
3. Hot Chocolate for 2 ( or beverage of your choice) 
4. Twinkle lights (optional)

I was able to get a large pool at Walmart for only $5 due to the off season. I thought long and hard about how I could see it up with out being seen, but a little home and a large inflatable pool didn't mix well. So I spent twenty minutes during the girls nap inflating the pool with our air mattess pump. 

They were so excited to see it waiting downstairs when they woke and played for a long time in and out of it with their Daddy. 

After dinner, baths and bedtime I sent my husband on an important errand. To retrieve a peppermint hot chocolate. 

It's pretty unusual for the homebody in a to leave the house in the evening, especially after the girls are in bed, but he acquiesced and I quickly got to work. 

I set up our new pool on the back patio and filled it with pillows and blankets (be sure to add extra padding to sit on...concrete can be very unforgiving to the back side.) I strung twinkle lights across our drill that was behind our head in attempt for romantic ambience. 


My plan was perfect in my head, but reality is never quite interested in my plans. El Bell decided to fight sleep for over an hour with tears and fits. Then, I got the call that the hot chocolate machine was down! Horrors! 

I quickly threw together some warm Ovaltine in a plan B effort (gag). Unawares to me, my hubby stopped one more place and brought home some instant hot cocoa. Sweet man. 


When we finally got the kiddo to bed, we snuggled in our pool looking at the stars and day dreaming about our life and the decisions that will be in front of us before long. 

We don't have it all figured out yet, but those couple hours of solitude, just my love and I, seemed to recharge the marital battery that drains so quickly when faced with separation. 

Date Total Cost: $8
Time with my husband: ( you know what I'm going to say...)PRICELESS ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment