The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Monday, April 13, 2015

Explorium Adventures

Now that the weather is FINALLY warming up, the adventure bug has bitten us once again. Recently our family sat down to create a summer bucket list to be sure that our summer was filled with fun adventures. I'm not sure why winter weather makes me feel so lazy and content to stay home and veg, but I'm excited about the adventures that we have on the books for the upcoming months.

We found out at the end of the week that Daddy was going to have to work most of the weekend. On one hand, it was a bummer that he was away. On the other hand, because of the extra work he was able to avoid a week long trip to Oklahoma. (Remember our girl is due in three weeks :)  ) So instead of hanging out at home for the millionth time the girls and I found ourselves on an exciting adventure to the local Explorium.

The girls had a great time, and due to a groupon I found that the price was worth the experience.



I warned the girls ahead of time that they were to stick together so I could keep an eye on them both. They did a great job asking each other when they were ready to move on to the next activity. I was super proud of their great attitudes and team work together.




I thought the facility was a bit run down, not everything lit up, made noise or worked as it was originally created to, but the girls didn't notice one way or another.


I was also very careful to not think about all the other children who may have touched, slobbered on, licked, or who knows what on the rather aged equipment, toys and stuffed animals.

The Exporium was two levels, and we managed to make it into a three hour visit.



Despite it being a Saturday it really wasn't busy at all. There was a birthday party in attendance, but even with that concentrated group of kids we were able to play on other attractions while we waited for them to scatter.




The girls enjoyed running from one thing to another and back.





We were excited to visit the bubble zone, unfortunately only a few of the exhibits seemed to work. Again, the girls didn't care they just enjoyed getting their hands dirty.



We ended our adventure with a lunch out, which was of course the girls favorite pick, Taco Bell. No adventure is really complete without a cheese rollup.



One adventure down, lots to go...looking forward to Daddy joining us next time.

1 comment:

  1. We like the explorium too. It's one of the few places I can kinda let the kids roam. I just make sure to pack hand sanitizer. I'd love to know what else is on your bucket list. I need some ideas!

    ReplyDelete