The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Friday, November 8, 2013

Five Years

Where do you see yourself in five years? 

Married with kids, a dog and house with a picket fence? 

CEO of your company, 20 pounds lighter, debt free? 




Recently Scott and I celebrated our five year anniversary. If I had been asked five years ago where I saw myself I think I would have answered exactly where I am. God has blessed the Lusk family over and above what we deserve.

 I have an incredible husband who takes great care of me. He loves me for who I am, a lot of times in spite of who I am. He jumped far out of his comfort zone taking a job, and living for the first time in a state that isn't Alabama. He is an incredible dad, who not only takes great care of the girls, but he wants to take care of the girls. He even planned a lovely evening to celebrate our fifth anniversary. 



I'm pretty tough to surprise so our first stop got me good. Taking an exit we don't generally take, I told him the only thing I knew in that area was Chuck E Cheese. 

He feigned frustration asking me why I always have to guess. Of course I knew he was joking...wasn't he? Sure enough,yes, my husband took me to Chuck E Cheese for our anniversary! 

I was speechless, and quite honestly a little annoyed. Before I opened my door giving him a hard time, he gave me my gift. Then he laughed and told me it was a joke. (He never would have lived that down!) 

Much to my relief, we headed to "our place", Macaroni Grill. We had a lovely dinner. Then he took me to Big Spring Park where we were surprised to find a live band playing...and a large crowd too. 


He asked me to dance, but I regret to say I declined. Shame on me, I know. I wish I still weren't the kind of person who cared what people thought, but alas I am. Maybe that is where I will be in the next five years. 



After a yummy treat of Pralines & Cream ice cream we headed home. We realized it had been three months since we had been on a date, and decided we wouldn't let so much time go by again. 



It's been a pretty tough year for us, but we have made it through, growing closer to each other and closer to Jesus. I'm eager to see what the next year holds. 

Do you have a favorite anniversary memory? Where do you see yourself in five years? 

No comments:

Post a Comment