The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Friday, November 1, 2013

Movie Trip

Every morning last week Magpie has come in to the kitchen saying she was going to be good today. Thankfully, she really has fallen through. El Bell continues to grow her vocabulary, which has cut down tremendously on fits when I remind her to "use her words". 

Because of these great girls I felt we needed a fun field trip. Thanks to the nearby dollar theater running Monsters University, the choice was easy. 

I packed our lunch and quoted Daddy Warbucks, "Let's all go to the movies!" (Too cheesy? Tough.)



The girls started strong, fully engaged in the previews. Though it wasn't lost on me that the other families entering the theater climbed the stairs claiming their seats far from our own. What's up with that?! 

I rationed lunch for the first thirty minutes of the flick. Then wrestled, whispered commands and scissor locked my legs around a busy 22 month old. 



Right when I thought we were going to have to skip out before popcorn started being pegged at my head, I remembered I had stashed fruit snacks in our bag for a recent play date. 

So we stayed for another ten minutes and then left early. I'll have to redbox to see the ending. 

I suppose it was a bit ambitious to think we could stick it out for the whole show, but it was a fun adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment