The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Monday, November 11, 2013

Thank You Veterans!

Today is a special day celebrating the many men and women who put their lives on the line to protect our freedoms in America. These men and women will always have my respect and thanks. 

I have never felt the tug to serve myself, but for my entire growing up years I was raised as a military brat. An Air Force brat. Men and women in uniform have been a part of my life forever and I'm so grateful for that upbringing. 

The Pledge of Allegiance means something to me. The National Anthem gives me goosebumps (though growing up I thought "the home of the brave" referred to the Atlanta Braves ;) 

Thank you to the three men in my life who serve our nation proudly. 

Thank you Dad, for the 20 years of serving our country. Thank you for the TDY's, more importantly the presents upon your return. Thank you for the many gigs. The school gigs. The Christmas gigs. The Fourth of July gigs. I still haven't been to a concert with as good an entertainment quality as the USAF band. Thank you for developing the three year itch. (Which for you civilians is the intense desire to relocate for a new state, new home, new everything every three years.) Thank you for the role the Air Force played into my childhood. It was a great childhood.





Thank you to my brother Dave. Following in our Dad's footsteps serving in the United States Air Force. Stationed far away in Nebraska he makes four bands sound the best they can, as the worlds best sound engineer. I'm so proud of the man he has become. He turned out to be a great brother (it could have gone either way based on our childhood ;), an incredible uncle, and a great friend. I'm proud of you, Bub!








Finally, thanks to my brother-in-law, Jeff aka, BIL. Your service is the most sacrificial in my opinion. 
In your almost four years of marriage, you have been deployed for nearly half of it. All that you miss is not lost on me. Thank you for that sacrifice (although you are missing out on all of the hose pregnancy hormones from that sister of mine...see the silver lining?) 


                                          




To those who wear the uniform, and to those who have in times past I thank you. Thank you for your service, thank you for your sacrifice, thank you for your bravery, thank you for accepting the noble cause. 


No comments:

Post a Comment