The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday's Memory Verse- Philippians 4:8



I don't usually do New Year's Resolutions, because like most people I don't follow through.

I've decided to give it a go and perhaps with the accountability of this blog I will stick with it.

One of the many things I need to work on is scripture memorization. I've found that I know more than I think I do, but I notoriously forget completely where the verse can be found. The address, if you will.

Scott and I have committed to memorize a verse each week. I have chosen a few from this list.  We began last week, as it was the first full week in January. My goal is to share each Monday the verse that we memorized the week before.

I'd love for you to partner with me and keep me accountable. Share any verses that you have memorized and mean something to you in the comments.

Week 1-

Philippians 4:8

Finally Brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if there is anything excellent or praiseworthy- think on these things. 


This Verse to Me:

My take away from this verse is to surround myself with positivity. I shouldn't be so quick to look for the negative, but the positive. I take away from this to also be careful what I allow in my mind. From whatever source, be that movies, music, television shows, or conversations with those around me. I should be setting my mind to the true, right and pure and not focus so often on the negative, frustrating and bad.

What do you think? What does this verse mean to you? Anyone want to join me in this commitment?


No comments:

Post a Comment