The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Friday, January 17, 2014

Princess Pirate Mermaids


Since moving to Kentucky, I met the sweetest person ever. Reaching out to me as a visitor at a local church, Dana and I have really hit it off. Being in very similar walks of life, with two small in age kiddos I am so grateful for the friendship we have begun. I was able to attend a mom's group this morning with her and really enjoyed it.

And was a little convicted too.

One thing that really stood out to me was regarding survival. Most days that's what I feel like I'm doing.

Surviving.

Just getting through the day, just making it to nap, or dinner, or bed time. And just like that my girl's child hood is over.

Ok, that may be a bit of a jump, but you get the point.

I have been working and need to continue to work on being more purposeful with my time spent with my girls. I catch myself through the days rushing them from one thing to another, or setting them in front of a television to get a few moments of reprieve for myself.

I was tested on this topic just last night.

It had been one of "those" days. Nothing too terrible, just tiring and a day that I was surviving from. After dinner I got the girls in the tub, and was looking forward to a few minutes of sitting while they played. Until I saw it...

The turd.

Ellie had generously shared a stinky gift in the tub. I quickly got the girls out, drained the tub, and moved them to another bathroom to finish the cleaning process with a quick shower. Unforutnately, the hot water was gone due to another bath being run downstairs.

That, coupled with an intense fear of a shower, left me with a screaming(like a "Your trying to murder me" kind of scream) 2 year old. I cleaned Ellie in 2.1 seconds and decided to wait a few minutes to clean Maggie by putting her in the left over water in the warm tub downstairs.

So, she sat wrapped in a towel while I cleaned the dirty tub.

For honesty's sake, I was not in a very good mood with all the hussle and bussle that the bath turned into. In fact, I was pretty cranky.

Soon after I was able to put Maggie in the tub, which I had intended to quickly clean her and get her out. No playing I just wanted to finally complete the hour long chore that was bathtime.

Until I saw her.



She was in bubble bath heaven.



Swimming around, splashing and laying back she was a beautiful Princess Pirate Mermaid. I'm not sure how that works, but thats what she was.






She changed my mood with her bubble clad face. Her gorgeous blue eyes.
This is her face after I told her there was a shark swimming with her.




It takes me a few minutes to remember to make memories and not rush from one thing to the next. I'm glad I passed the test last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment