The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Friday, December 13, 2013

A Pillow of Her Own

My baby is less than a month away from her second birthday! Seems like every week she is hitting milestones or experiencing firsts.

The other night she made another step towards kid status, moving farther from being my little baby.

She asked for a pillow at bed time!

I know a pillow! I'm such a sap.

So, I pulled a pillow out of the closet and she happily dozed off.

Inspired by my crafty sister, I decided to spruce up the spare pillow to make it her own.

So we made a pillow case tonight.

I let the girls pick out their own fabric, which is so interesting to see their opinions and preferences shine through.



So, Cinderella for Maggie and Dora for Ellie. They had to hold their fabric through store. They even got their own little bag to bring it home. Maggie told every fellow shopper in the store that she was getting a Cinderella blanket. I quit correcting her after the second person. Meanwhile, Ellie who has only one volume of speech yelled at every passerby, "Dora! Dora! Dora!"

So, we got started.

Maggie was an excellent helper by pushing down the reverse knobby thing. (See how technically savvy I am with my sewing machine!)



Ellie was an excellent helper by guiding the fabric for ten seconds, then she graciously went to play with baby dolls.

Then voila! Done.


 An excellent incentive for an early bed time tonight! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment