The Lusk Clan

The Lusk Clan

Monday, December 9, 2013

Craft Time

In an effort to make a bit of extra cash I recently hit up the craft store to make homemade coasters and ornaments to sell out my parents new donut shop. It only cost me $20 to make 100 coasters, and I earned a whopping $10 in sales. 

Since I'm not much of a business woman, I decided the extra supplies would make a great craft with the girls. I had made several ornaments for Ellie's first birthday (almost a year ago! eek!) and had lots of paints left, so we got started. 


















I helped a bit with the squeezing. But that was it. Their creativity took over. 

 



I usually just squeeze a ton of paint in and roll it all around the inside of the ornament, but I thought that may be too messy so we opted for paint brushes instead. 





I know, silly me. Like that would keep the mess to a minimum with this one!




I trashed the shirt.  It was easier. 


We even showed Daddy the finished product when skyping. Which ended with Ellie's in a million pieces on the floor. So, here is the one we got. 




It fit perfectly on our little Christmas tree. Notice the ornaments are only at their arm level. Nothing at all on the top half. I think its sweet that way, so it stays. 



It'll do, until we can get to Daddy and celebrate Christmas together in Kentucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment